Tue, Oct 17|
2023 NWTRPA Conference & AGM is Postponed to October 2024.
The 2023 Conference has been postponed to October 2024 due to the NWT state of emergency. The NWTRPA Annual Conference provides an opportunity to examine trends and issues affecting the recreation field and offer training in three areas: Elders in Motion, Recreation Leadership, and On the Land.
Time & Location
Oct 17, 9:00 a.m. – Oct 19, 4:00 p.m.
Yellowknife, 4825 49th Ave, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2R3, Canada
About the Event
Your Conference Registration includes...
- An NWTRPA Membership
- Access to our AGM on October 19, 2023, at 1:00 PM
- Your choice of 4 Conference Breakout Sessions
- Outing Trip
- Registration for the following sessions:
- Day 1 Opening & Keynote (October 17, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM)
- Day 2 Keynote (October 16, - 10:45 AM-Noon)
- Day 3 Bright Spots Presentations (October 19, 9 AM - 10:30 AM)
- NWTRPA AGM (October 19, 10:45 - Noon)
- Day 3 Keynote (October 16, 1:00 PM- 2:15 PM)
- Conference Wrap-Up, Prizes, and Closing Prayer (October 19, 2:30 PM - 3:45 PM)
This year’s NWTRPA conference theme is “Open Arms, Open Spaces.” We strive for an inclusive, welcoming community in the north, particularly in Recreation. The NWTRPA supports this by opening our conference doors to people of all ages and backgrounds to celebrate our diversity and individual and collective perspectives.
This year we are happy to open our arms to a returning youth stream by partnering with the Aboriginal Sports Circle of the Northwest Territories, welcoming youth from across the NWT to our conference to be part of this truly inter-generational event! We will share ideas and learnings from across communities and disciplines in many ways at this year’s conference with Open Arms. As always, there are afternoon events for you to spend time together taking part in some of your own recreation activities while in Sǫ̀mba K’è / Yellowknife.
Celebrating “Open Spaces,” many of our conference sessions will explore the ways we can and ought to use our natural spaces and learn ways to enjoy recreation activities safely while honouring the land. We also look at ways to use our natural and built spaces for people at all stages of life.
Conference registration DOES NOT Include:
· Accommodation during your stay in Yellowknife; and
· Transportation to or from Yellowknife.
· Breakfasts and dinners.
After registering you will get a hotel registration code. Registration codes are time sensitive so book soon!
1 hour 30 minutes
Day 1 - Welcome!Explorer Hotel
1 hour 15 minutes