Walk to Tuk Registration Now Open
Community members, schools and workplaces are encouraged to form teams and together conceptually ‘walk the distance’ of the Mackenzie River from Fort Providence to Tuktoyaktuk. Teams will try to collectively walk a total of 1658 km between January 5th and March 2, 2015. What does this challenge involve?
- One hour of walking will equal 5km for a team of 10 members or less, or 4km for a team of 11 – 20 members;
- Weekly draw prizes, team captain prizes, prizes for photos and stories;
- Combined team walking times will be submitted to the NWTRPA every second Monday and posted on the NWTRPA website;
- Register now: www.nwtrpa.org; and
- Deadline to register a team is January 16, 2015.
What: Walk to Tuk Registration is Now Open!
When: January 5, 2015 – March 2, 2015
Who: All NWT residents
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association (NWTRPA) Walk to Tuk has also been selected as one of six finalists in the Play Exchange and will be showcased on a national television show January 9, 2015 and eligible for up to $1 million to launch the challenge nationwide. Voting takes place in January.
“Walk to Tuk is NWT’s biggest physical activity event. Walk to Tuk participants are more active on average than what the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines recommend. This is an exciting opportunity to share this made in the NWT event with the rest of Canada. We are super excited and can’t wait to get started.” said Geoff Ray, Executive Director of the NWTRPA.
For more information:
Sheena Tremblay, Active Communities Coordinator, 867-669-8381, email@example.com
Click HERE to register!