Registration is Now Open
December 1, 2015
NWTRPA Walk to Tuk, registration now open
Community members, schools and workplaces are encouraged to form teams and together conceptually ‘walk the distance’ of the Mackenzie River from Fort Providence to Tuktoyaktuk. Teams will try to collectively walk a total of 1658 km between January 4 and February 29, 2016.
What does this challenge involve?
• One hour of walking will equal 5 km for a team of 10 members or less, or 4 km for a team of 11 – 20 members;
• Weekly draw prizes, team captain prizes, prizes for photos and stories;
• Combined team walking times will be submitted to the NWTRPA every second Monday and posted on the NWTRPA website;
• Register now: www.nwtrpa.org; and
• Deadline to register a team is January 18, 2016.
What: Walk to Tuk Registration is Now Open!
When: January 4, 2015 – February 29, 2016
Who: All NWT residents
“Walk to Tuk is NWT’s biggest physical activity event. Walk to Tuk participants are more active on average than what the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines recommend. This amazing NWT original event is a great way to stay active in the cold months of winter. We are super excited and can’t wait to get started.” said Geoff Ray, Executive Director of the NWTRPA.
For more information: Sheena Tremblay, Active Communities Coordinator, 867-669-8381, email@example.com
Click here to register.