Who Won the Big Prizes?
A big thank you to everyone who participated in Walk to Tuk 2019. We had a successful year because you walked and walked and walked and… well, you get the picture! Every year, we offer prizes to encourage you to keep on walking when the going gets tough and to celebrate your success when you arrive at the finish line!
Special congratulations to the following prize winners, chosen by a draw on March 1:
- FIRST AIR FLIGHT PASS
- Alisha Tessier of Stanton Wolverines from Yellowknife.
- Sancie Gostick of Walkie Talkies from Hay River.
(All participants who made it to Tuk were entered into this draw).
- APPLE IPAD
- Amanda Hunter, team captain of Are We There Yet of Hay River.
(All team captains were entered into this draw).
- TEAM LUNCHES – Awarded to the following school class, school faculty, corporate, and community teams:
- Tsiigehtchic Foxes from Tsiigehtchic (school class);
- TC MackenzieMarchers from Fort Smith (school faculty);
- Ice Trackers from Yellowknife (corporate); and
- Super Troopers from Inuvik (community).
MEC gift cards were also awarded to those who sent in photos or stories documenting their Walk to Tuk journey. Click here to see the photos and MEC draw prize winners.
Weekly prizes were also given out throughout Walk to Tuk. Click here to see a list of all the weekly winners.
In addition to all these great prizes, everyone who reached Tuk receives a lime green “I Walked to Tuk” t-shirt!
For more information about prizes, click here.