What’s New With Walk to Tuk?
Every year we work to make Walk to Tuk even better than the year before.
That way, whether you’re taking the challenge for the first time or for the eighth time, you’ll have the best experience possible. Here are the four best new things about Walk to Tuk in 2018:
- Sponsors! – Thanks to a number of special businesses we are able to provide some great Walk to Tuk prices and celebrations. Walk to Tuk 2018 would not be possible without the support of; NWT & Nunavut Lotteries, Dominion Doamond Mines, First Air, The North West Company, Lawson Lundell LLP, Crowe MacKay, Blachford Lake Lodge, Dragon Toner, KopyKat and the Inuvialuit Corporation. If you are interested in supporting Walk to Tuk in 2019, contact us!
- Team Profile Pages! – Walk to Tuk teams have had their very own profile pages for a number of years but we’ve made some fancy updates! We’ve made it easier for you to see how far your team has walked and to find your team on the map. Teams will also receive a snazzy badge on their profile page when they reach Tuk and also when they make it back to Fort Providence. You’ll have to walk to Tuk and back to see what we mean.
- New T-Shirt Colour – Looking for another shirt to add your ‘The Many Colours of Walk to Tuk’ t-shirt collection? Well, then you are in luck. This year we’ll have another great colour and, once again, it will be voted on by you.
- Community Map Markers – Red stars along the river have been added to highlight communities you’ll pass on your way and if you click on the communities they’ll show you the number of kilometers left to reach Tuk!
- Tell (or Show) Us Your Walk to Tuk Story – Send us a photo, video or a story about your experience taking part in Walk to Tuk and you will be entered into a draw for one of eight $50 gift certificates to Mountain Equipment Co-op. Submit your stories by email to email@example.com or on social media by tagging @nwtrpa.
Registration is from December 1 – January 15.