HIGH FIVE® Active Kids Workshop
Municipal and Community Affairs, School of Community Government, Sport, Recreation and Youth Division and partners are delivering Active Kids and HIGH FIVE® workshops in Inuvik, February 25 – 27, 2020.
The Active Kids workshop will focus on physical literacy for children ages 0 to 5 and the HIGH FIVE® workshop will include modules on Principles of Healthy Child Development and Strengthening Children’s Mental Health. The training is designed for recreation and early childhood leaders.
These workshops are a component of the Children and Youth Resiliency Program.
Active Kids Workshop:
· Understanding physical literacy in children
· Teaching physical literacy
· Helping children master fundamental movement
HIGH FIVE® (PHCD–SCMH) Workshop:
· Principles of healthy child development
· Value of play
· Developing activity plans
· Promoting positive mental health
· Responding to challenges
The workshop will take place in Inuvik, February 25 – 27, 2020.
To Register Contact:
Mike Yakabuski, Training and Development Coordinator, MACA
Phone: 867-767-9163 (ext. 21058)