2018 NWTRPA Award Winners!
The NWTRPA honoured six individuals this week: Beth Hudson, Wilson Elliot, Christina Bonnetrouge, Eunice Nasogaluak, Arthur Taylor, and Tony Devlin.
Wednesday night we welcomed guests and dignitaries to the Explorer Hotel in Yellowknife for the 2018 NWTRPA Awards Banquet. The event honoured six people from across the NWT for their continuing efforts and achievements in promoting recreation and active living for all Northerners. That evening, the SideDoor also presented the Youth Centre of Excellence Award.
There are so many recreation leaders in the territory who, every day, are going above and beyond what is expected of them. Whether they’re a recreation coordinator, volunteer, lifeguard, or an elder, the Awards are our way of showing those individuals that their work is important and appreciated.
Six awards were presented at this year’s event. The winners are as follows:
- Innovation Award – Beth Hudson (for her work in Fort Providence)
- Scott McAdam Youth Leadership Award – Wilson Elliot (Yellowknife) and Christina Bonnetrouge (Fort Providence)
- Active Elder Award – Eunice Nasogaluak (Tuktoyaktuk)
- Award of Excellence – Arthur Taylor (Fort Smith)
- Canadian Parks and Recreation Association Award of Merit – Tony Devlin (Inuvik)
If you have any questions about the Awards or nominating an individual, organization or community, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.