Walk to Tuk draw prize winners
A big thank you to everyone who participated in Walk to Tuk. We had a successful year because you walked and walked and…well, you get the picture! Every year, we offer prizes to encourage you to keep on walking when the going gets rough and to celebrate your success when you arrive to the finish line: Tuktoyaktuk!
A special congratulations to the following prize winners, chosen by a draw on March 1:
• Agnes Francis of the TetlitMuklukWalkers from Fort McPherson and Julie Rodger of the DOJy Trekkers from Yellowknife, winners of First Air flight passes. All participants who made it to Tuk were entered into this draw.
• Bob Horton, team captain of Count Me In from Yellowknife, won the iPad. All team captains were entered in a draw for an iPad.
• Team lunches have been awarded to the following school, corporate, and community teams:
The Force Awakens from Inuvik (school)
Crunchers 2 from Yellowknife (corporate)
Walking W Our Sisters from Yellowknife (community)
MEC gift cards were also awarded in a draw for all those who sent in photos or stories about their Walk to Tuk Journey. MEC gift card recipients include:
• Cathy Roy of Les Yetis from Yellowknife
• Linnea Stephenson of Awesome x18
• Brett McDonald of Tik Tak Tuk from Yellowknife
• Elaine Fournier of Ice Ice Babies from Yellowknife
• Linda Whitford of Seniors on the GO from Yellowknife
• Denise McDonald of 2016 Ice Road Trekkers from Inuvik
• Natasha Kulikowski of Inuvik Ice-ometrics
• Andrea Fowler of Ice Road Walker from YKDFN
• Jen Thistle of Snowwalkers from Fort Simpson
• Karen Ludlow of Happy Feet from Norman Wells.
Everyone who reached Tuk receive a red “I Walked to Tuk” T-shirt!