NWTRPA Board Nominations Now Open!
We are now accepting board nominations for President, Yellowknife Regional Director, Dehcho Regional Director, Beaufort/Delta Regional Director, and Director-at-Large.
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association AGM will take place at 12:00pm on Thursday September 28, 2017 at the Midnight Sun Centre in Inuvik.
We are now accepting nominations for the following Board positions that will be elected at the AGM:
- President (1 year term)
- Yellowknife Regional Director (2 year term)
- Dehcho Regional Director (2 year term)
- Beaufort / Delta Regional Director (2 year term)
- Director-at-Large (2 year term)
To Submit a Nomination
Nominees must be NWTRPA members and must reside in the region that they are being nominated for. Please complete and sign the 2017 Board Nomination Form and return to:
Geoff Ray – NWTRPA Executive Director
About the NWTRPA Board of Directors
The NWTRPA Board of Directors meet at a minimum six times per year including three face-to-face meetings (in various NWT communities) and three conference calls. Face-to-face meetings are typically two days in length while conference calls last up to two hours.
The NWTRPA Board of Directors has four main roles:
- Create and update the following types of policies:
- Ends Policies
- Board/ED Relationship Policies
- Parameters Policies
- Governance Policies
- Monitor that policies are being followed
- Complete tasks assigned to the Board in policy
- Report to the membership
For More Information
Please contact the following Board members for more information:
Tony Devlin – Director-at-Large (outgoing)
Nathan McPherson – Dehcho Regional Director (outgoing)