NWTRPA Board Nominations Now Open!
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association AGM will take place virtually at 12 pm (Noon) on Thursday, November 26, 2020 where a new Board will be voted in.
We are now accepting nominations for the following Board positions:
- President (2-year term)
- North Slave Regional Director (2-year term)
- (Behchokǫ̀, Whatì, Gamètì, Wekweètì, Dettah, N’Dılǫ)
- Sahtu Regional Director (2-year term)
- (Délıne, Colville Lake, Fort Good Hope, Norman Wells, Tulít’a)
- South Slave Regional Director (2-year term)
- (Enterprise, Fort Resolution, Fort Smith, Kátł’odeeche, Hay River, Łutsel K’e)
The NWTRPA Board of Directors is a volunteer position. The Board meets by teleconference 3-4 times a year and in-person 3 times a year for a two-day, face-to-face meeting usually in Winter, Spring/Summer, and at our Conference/AGM.
Board members will be asked to join certain committees or working groups that will require additional conference calls and volunteer work. Aside from meetings, Board members can take part in other activities to support the organization.
- Applicants must be residents of the NWT.
- Applicants must be able to meet the time commitments of regularly attending board meetings.
- Previous volunteer experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in sport, recreation, and cultural activities is considered an asset.
- Experience with finance, board governance, policy, and non-profit groups is considered an asset.
To Submit a Nomination
Nominees must be NWTRPA members and must reside in the region that they are being nominated for.
Unsure if you are a member? Click here to check.
Nominations MUST be received by 4 pm Wednesday, November 25 (the day before the AGM).
Fill out an online application, OR send a completed printable Board Nomination Form and return to:
Attn: Sheena Tremblay, NWTRPA Executive Director
Fax: (867) 669-6791
About the NWTRPA Board of Directors
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association has an eight-person volunteer Board of Directors. The Board is comprised of a President, a Director-at-Large and six regional members from across the NWT. The Board of Directors sets goals for the organization and monitors the progress towards reaching those goals.
The NWTRPA Board of Directors meets at a minimum six times per year including three face-to-face meetings (in various NWT communities) and three conference calls. Face-to-face meetings are typically two days in length while conference calls last up to two hours.
The Role of NWTRPA Board of Directors:
- Create and update policy
- Monitor that policies are being followed
- Complete tasks assigned to the Board in policy
- Report to the membership
For More Information
For more information please contact:
Sheena Tremblay – NWTRPA Executive Director