Announcing the 2017 NWTRPA Board of Directors
The NWTRPA saw the election of three new board members, the election of one board member to a new position, and the re-election one board member.
For all who were unable to attend, last Thursday, September 28, we held our 2017 Annual General Meeting. The meeting took place in the Inuvik Community Hall, during our Annual Conference.
Among other things, there were many changes to the NWTRPA Board of Directors. Mary Gordon, Lorna Storr, and Robyn McLeod, all new to the Board, were elected as the Member-at-Large, Beaufort / Delta Regional Director, and Dehcho Regional Director, respectively. Cynthia White left her position as South Slave Regional Director to run for the position of President and was elected. Jill Gilday was re-elected to her position as Yellowknife Regional Director. Outgoing President Tim Van Dam was appointed by the new board to fill the newly vacant South Slave Regional Director position.
The 2017 NWTRPA Board of Directors is as follows:
- President – Cynthia White
- Director-at-Large – Mary Gordon
- Yellowknife Regional Director – Jill Gilday
- Dehcho Regional Director – Robyn McLeod
- Beaufort / Delta Regional Director – Lorna Storr
- North Slave Regional Director – Doreen Nitsiza
- Sahtu Regional Director – Caren Burke
- South Slave Regional Director – Tim Van Dam
New Board Members:
- Mary Gordon was born and raised in Aklavik where she works as the Assistant Recreation Coordinator and Youth Coordinator for the Hamlet. She also lifeguards during the summer and is a member of the NWTRPA Aquatics Committee.
- Lorna Storr is an elder from Aklavik where she serves as a member of the Aklavik Recreation Committee.
- Robyn McLeod hails from Fort Providence where she has lived most of her life. She has worked for the Aboriginal Sports Circle as a traditional games facilitator and worked with the Dehcho First Nations on the Dehcho K’ehodi Land Stewardship Program.