Apply for a job in recreation.
The City of Yellowknife is currently seeking qualified individuals to work part-time casual hours as Lifeguards, Instructors, Pool Assistants, and Cashiers with the Community Services Department.
Under the direction of the Pool Supervisor, Pool Staff provide constant safety supervision, assist with special events, and complete necessary administrative work associated with programs, accidents, incidents, and cleaning.
- All Positions requires current First Aid Award/CPR Basic Rescuer;
- Pool Assistants must have: Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross;
- Instructors must have: Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Bronze Medallion and Bronze Cross;
- Lifeguards must have: National Lifeguard Service;
- Cashiers will be trained on cash procedures.
The City of Yellowknife is currently seeking students who have a love of working with children and being outdoors enjoying the beautiful Northern summer!
- Candidates must have: valid First Aid and CPR-C certifications. You will have to provide copies of these.
- Include the dates you are available to work. A start date, and the date you must return to school are necessary. These positions do not begin until the third week of June. You must be available for mandatory training during this time. No exceptions.
- Include any childcare experience you may have, either at a workplace, or informal babysitting.
- You must have a Criminal records check completed prior to commencing work. You should keep in mind that this can take a couple of weeks to be processed.
- There are both full-time and part-time positions available. Positions will be awarded based upon education and experience.
Application deadline: June 15, 2020