The NWT Recreation and Parks Association (NWTRPA) is looking for an energetic, motivated, and highly organized individual for the position of On the Land Programs Consultant. This will be a term position until March 31, 2020 with a possibility of extension based on funding.
The On the Land Programs Consultant will develop, manage, and lead the delivery of the NWTRPA On the Land (OTL) programs and services. The NWTRPA’s strategic goal for OTL programs is to be a vital resource and champion of community-directed on the land programs. This work will include: facilitating and organizing diverse training opportunities for OTL program leaders; supporting opportunities for OTL leaders to connect; celebrating and promoting OTL activities and programs; and playing an important role in the NWT On The Land Collaborative.
We are seeking a great person with the following experience and skill set:
- Post-secondary education, or equivalent, in Recreation/Leisure Studies, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Indigenous Studies, or a related discipline.
- Training and certifications, or equivalent, in the following areas: flatwater canoeing instructor, canoe tripping instructor, wilderness first aid.
- Experience leading on the land programs.
- Experience in the administration of budgets.
- Ability to network with government, business, and non-profit agencies.
- Strongly self-motivated.
- Very well organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
The incumbent must also complete a satisfactory criminal record check as a condition of their hire.
Applications must include a resume and cover letter which can be submitted to Geoff Ray – Executive Director by email to [email protected]
Application Deadline: May 6, 2019 4:00pm MST.