Announcing the 2019 NWTRPA Board of Directors
Last week, the NWTRPA saw the election and acclamation of its 2019 Board of Directors and we are excited to make a few introductions!
For all who were unable to attend, last Wednesday, October 9, we held our 2019 Annual General Meeting. The meeting took place at the Hay River Recreation Centre’s Community Hall during our 2019 NWTRPA and Youth Centres Conference.
There were many changes to the NWTRPA Board of Directors. Derek Squirrel, Kristen Tanche, and Kyla LeSage, all new to the Board, will take on the positions of Beaufort Delta Regional Director, Dehcho Regional Director, and Yellowknife Regional Director, respectively. Tim Van Dam, a previous NWTRPA Board Member, will be the South Slave Regional Director for a 1-year term as the previous Director resigned from the NWTRPA Board. Cynthia White was re-elected to her position as President and Mary Gordon was re-elected to her position as Director-at-Large.
The 2019 Election Results are as follows:
- President (1-year term): Cynthia White; re-elected.
- Beaufort Delta Regional Director (2-year term): Derek Squirrel; new board member.
- Dehcho Regional Director (2-year term): Kristen Tanche; new board member.
- South Slave Regional Director (1-year term): Tim Van Dam; previous board member.
- Yellowknife Regional Director (2-year term): Kyla LeSage; new board member.
- Director-at-Large (2-year term): Mary Gordon; re-elected.
The 2019 NWTRPA Board of Directors is as follows:
- President — Cynthia White
- Director-at-Large — Mary Gordon
- Beaufort Delta Regional Director — Derek Squirrel
- Dehcho Regional Director — Kristen Tanche
- North Slave Regional Director — Betty Ann Drybones
- Sahtú Regional Director — Rena Chapple
- South Slave Regional Director — Tim Van Dam
- Yellowknife Regional Director — Kyla LeSage