Congrats to the 2019 NWTRPA Award Winners!
The NWTRPA honoured seven incredible individuals last night: Doreen Nitsiza, Karen Johnson, Dale Loutit, Davonna Kasook, Lena and Henry McKay, and Joanne Ogina.
Last night, we welcomed guests and dignitaries to the Recreation Centre in Hay River for the 2019 NWTRPA Awards Banquet. The event honoured seven people from across the NWT for their continuing efforts and achievements in promoting recreation and active living for all Northerners. That evening, the SideDoor also presented the Youth Centre Award of Excellence.
There are so many recreation leaders in the territory who, every day, are going above and beyond what is expected of them. Whether they’re a recreation coordinator, volunteer, lifeguard, or an Elder, the Awards are our way of showing those individuals that their work is important and appreciated.
At this year’s event, six NWTRPA Awards were presented. The winners are as follows:
- Canadian Parks and Recreation Association Award of Merit – Doreen Nitsiza (Whatì)
- Innovation Award – Karen Johnson (Yellowknife)
- Award of Excellence – Dale Loutit (Hay River)
- Scott McAdam Youth Leadership Award – Davonna Kasook (Hay River)
- Active Elder Award – Lena and Henry McKay (Fort Resolution)
- Honourary Life Membership – Joanne Ogina (Ulukhaktok)
Congratulations to all of the 2019 NWTRPA Award Winners!
To learn more about the history of the NWTRPA Awards program and past award winners, click here.
If you have any questions about the awards or nominating an individual, organization, or community, contact us at email@example.com.