Through HIGH FIVE® training, front line recreation, sport and after school leaders learn how to incorporate the Principles of Healthy Child Development into their everyday programming. The HIGH FIVE® Principles emphasize the social, emotional and cognitive needs of children to help front line leaders engage participants, build relationships and resolve conflict.
The five principles of healthy child development are: a caring adult, friends, participation, play, and mastery.
- Find A Training – First, find out if there is a training happening in your community, or in a nearby community.
- Host a Training – If there are no trainings happening near you, why not host your own training. We’ll even assist you with set up and promotion.
- Become a Trainer – If you’ve already received the base-level HIGH FIVE training, become certified so that you can teach HIGH FIVE courses to others.
Do you have positive role models in your community? Are there folks or programs in your community that enhance the lives of children?Then nominate them!
Programs or individuals will receive a framed certificate along with a special HIGH FIVE gift.
Nominations are open year round. Simply send your nomination to Natasha McCagg (firstname.lastname@example.org |(867) 669-8377).
- Healthy Minds for Healthy Children
- HIGH FIVE Sport
- HIGH FIVE Sport Trainer
- High Five Trainer
- PHCD Update
- Principles in Practice
- Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD)
- QUEST 1
- QUEST 2
- Strenthening Children’s Mental Health