Get Active funds community events that get people more physically active in the NWT. For June is Recreation and Parks Month community organizations are encouraged to apply for a $400 grant to organize a community-oriented physical activity event in June.
To apply, fill out the online application. Funds are limited. Applications will be approved on a first come, first serve basis.
Apply Here (the deadline for applications has passed)
The application deadline is May 30, 2016
The following conditions must be met in order to receive funding:
- A community organization will plan, organize and host one June is Recreation and Parks Month event;
- The event must be free for participants;
- The event must be open to the public;
- The event must occur between June 1 and June 30, 2016; and
- A final report must be submitted by July 31, 2016.
$400 will be awarded to organizations that deliver a June is Recreation and Parks Month event in June that fits within the criteria.
Events that celebrate June is Recreation and Parks Month will be approved.
Events can fall on one of the various celebration dates within June including:
- June 1, Intergenerational Day
- June 4 – 10, NWT Disability Awareness Week
- June 4 – 11, Water Safety Week
- June 4, National Health and Fitness Day
- June 5, World Environmental Day
- June 5, Inuvialuit Day
- June 6, National Trails Day
- June 15, World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- June 21 Aboriginal Day
- June 26, National Canoe Day
- June 27, World Multiculturalism Day
Click here for a full list of celebrations in June.
Each grant will be awarded in two parts. When an application is approved, half the grant ($200) will be sent to the organization. After the event takes place and you submit your final report for the event, you will receive the remaining half the grant.
You can use the grant for costs related to the event such as:
- Purchasing or renting equipment
- Event promotion and advertising
- Rental space or venue fees
- Paying an instructor
- Healthy snacks
- Application period: May 2 – May 30, 2016
- All events must take place between June 1 and June 30, 2016
- All final reports are due July 31, 2016