Get Active funds community events that get people more physically active in the NWT. Community organizations are encouraged to apply for $400 to organize and deliver a community-oriented physically active event.
To apply, fill out the online application. Funds are limited. Applications will be approved on a first come – first serve basis.
The application deadline is May 31, 2017
The following conditions must be met in order to receive funding:
- A community organization will plan, organize and host one June is Recreation Month event;
- The event must be free for participants;
- The event must be open to the public;
- The event must occur between June 1 – 30, 2017; and
- A final report must be submitted by July 31, 2017.
$400 will be awarded to organization that deliver a Recreation and Parks Month event in June and fits within the criteria.
Events that celebrate June is Recreation Month.
Events can fall on one of the various celebration dates within June including:
- Intergenerational Day, June 1
- NWT Disability Awareness Week, June 2 – 8
- International Trails Day, June 3
- National Health and Fitness Day, June 3
- Water Safety Week, June 4 – 10
- Inuvialuit Day, June 5
- World Environmental Day, June 5
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, June 15
- Aboriginal Day, June 21
- Saint-Jean Baptiste Day, June 24
- National Canoe Day, June 26
- Multiculturalism Day, June 27
Each grant will be awarded in two parts. When an application is approved, half the grant ($200) will be sent to the organization. After the event takes place and the final event report is submitted, the remaining half of the grant will be sent.
You can use the grant for costs related to the events such as:
- Purchasing or renting equipment
- Event promotion and advertising
- Rental space or venue fees
- Pay an instructor
- Healthy snacks
• Application period: May 1 – May 31, 2017
- All events must take place between June 1 and June 30, 2017
- All final reports are due July 31, 2017