It’s September – Time To Apply for a Get Active Grant
It’s September! That means that the first snow isn’t likely too far off. But just because the summer is all but over, doesn’t mean you should pack it in and prepare to hibernate for the winter. It’s time to Get Active!
If you don’t know, Get Active funds community events that get people more physically active in the NWT. It’s one of the ways we help keep people moving during the winter months. Whether you’ve already got an event planned, or just have an idea for one, you can apply for the funding to make that event happen. Here’s how it works:
- You watch the video at the top of this page about the Get Active Program.
- Then you apply for the grant to put on: three community-oriented physical activity events, three Elders events, or one Swim to Survive® event HERE. The events can be anything from snowshoeing to walking, bingo to an elders jigging party, winter golf to Dene games.
- We’ll review the applications, checking to make sure your events meets all the necessary requirements below.
- Events must:
- Be free;
- Be open to the public;
- Fit within one of the three grant categories (see details above); and
- Take place between October 1, 2018 and March 15, 2019
- Events must:
- If your event is approved, we’ll send you an email letting you know and send you the first half of your grant. You will also receive a prize pack of items that can be given away or used as incentives for your event.
- Once all three of your events (or one Swim to Survive® event) are done, you’ll submit an online report by March 15, 2019 and we’ll send you the second half of the grant money.
Visit our Get Active Page for more information and resources.