Through the NWTRPA Fitness Program, community members are supported in becoming certified fitness leaders. You no longer have to go south or take online courses to become a certified fitness leader. You can participate in a course in your own community.
The NWTRPA facilitates Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) certifications.
Individuals must be 18 year of age to obtain certification.
Once fully certified, AFLCA certification provides leaders with:
- Affordable comprehensive insurance coverage
- Discounts on conferences and workshops
- National and internationally affiliated through the National Fitness Leadership Alliance and ICREPS.
- Ongoing Professional development opportunities
- Fitdirectory.ca registry listings
- Opportunities for continuing education credits
- Increased credibility and marketability