Use the page below to help you register, apply for funding and book your travel and accommodation.
To register for the 2018 NWTRPA and Youth Centres Conference visit members.nwtrpa.org/events and follow the links. If you are not already an NWTRPA member or your membership has expired, you must sign up/renew at members.nwtrpa.org before registering for the Conference.
Registration Cost: The cost of the Conference is $275 for members, plus tax.*
*Registration is free for Elders
- Pay by credit card through Paypal
- Request that an invoice be sent to your email and pay by cheque
- Access to all NWTRPA sessions, activities, and events
- Lunch and refreshments during the Conference
- Awards banquet dinner
DOES NOT Include:
- Accommodation during your stay in Yellowknife
- Transportation to or from Yellowknife
- The Mackenzie Recreation Association has funding available for transportation, accommodation, and registration costs to recreation leaders from communities in the South Slave, Dehcho and North Slave (excluding Yellowknife). To apply, visit mranwt.ca/funding.
- There is funding available for transportation, accommodation, and registration costs to recreation leaders from communities in the Inuvik and Sahtu regions. If you are traveling from the Inuvik Region and want to apply, email [email protected] or [email protected]. If you are traveling from the Sahtu region and want to apply, email [email protected].
- The SideDoor has funding available to help with transportation, accommodation, and registration costs for youth centre workers. To apply, contact [email protected]
FLY WITH FIRST AIR AND SAVE
As the official airline of the 2018 NWTRPA and Youth Centres Conference, First Air is providing discounted fares to conference delegates.* First Air has scheduled direct flights to Yellowknife from Inuvik, Fort Simpson, Hay River, and Edmonton.
To book, visit www.firstair.ca and enter NRP18 into the promo code box or phone 1 (800) 267-1247 and quote promo code NRP18 to the agent.
*Tickets are fully refundable to original form of payment if reservations are cancelled at least 2 hours prior to departure time. No change fee applies provided the same fare is available on the new date.Otherwise, fare difference will apply. Eligible travel dates for the conference are between October 19, 2018 and October 28, 2018.
OTHER AIRLINE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE:
- Aklak Air:
Rate: 25% discount
To book: Contact the NWTRPA for details, by email at [email protected] or phone at (867) 669-8377.
ACCOMMODATION DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE:
- Explorer Hotel:
Rooms available: 50 double and 30 King
Rate: $185 ($159 Government Rate)
To book: Call 1 800-661-0892 and quote the code NWTRP
- Chateau Nova:
Rooms available: 30 double and 20 King
Rate: $179 plus $15 per extra person
To book: Call (867) 766-6682 and quote the code 1937516
- Days Inn:
Rooms available: 24 double
To book: Call (867) 873-9700 and quote the code NWTRPA
Other Accommodation Options:
- Quality Inn ………………………………….…….(867) 873-2601)
- Stanton Suites …….……………………………..(867) 873-6686)
- Super 8 ……………………………………………..(867) 988-0401)
NWT Recreation and Parks Association and Youth Centre Conference, October 23 – 25, 2018 has been approved for AFLCA Continuing Education Credits (CEC) towards re-certification. 10.75 AFLCA Credits are available for participants. Leaders must accumulate 12 credits to re-certify.
All programs, workshops or courses require 100% payment at the time of registration.
If you need to cancel your registration, the NWTRPA must be notified of the cancellation by email. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date and time we receive email notification as follows:
Within 7 days of event date – 85% refund
Within 3 days of event date – 50% refund
Within 24 hours of event date – No refund
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association reserves the right to cancel any program or workshop. If such a situation arises you will be notified as soon as possible (by email or phone call). As a result of such a cancellation, you will be refunded all monies paid.