Use the page below to help you register, apply for funding and book your travel and accommodation.
To register for the 2019 NWTRPA and Youth Centres Conference visit members.nwtrpa.org/events and follow the links. If you are already an NWTRPA member or your membership has expired, you must sign in/renew at members.nwtrpa.org before registering for the Conference. If you are not an NWRPA member and would like to become one, you may choose the NWTRPA New Member Registration option on the registration page. This will allow you to become a member and register for the conference all at one time.
Registration Cost: The cost of the Conference is
– $320 for members, plus tax
– $345 for new members, plus tax
– $450 for non-members, plus tax
**Registration is free for Elders
- Pay by credit card through Paypal
- Request that an invoice be sent to your email and pay by cheque
- Access to all NWTRPA sessions, activities, and events
- Lunch and refreshments during the Conference
- One ticket to the NWTRPA Awards Banquet
DOES NOT Include:
- Accommodation during your stay in Hay River
- Transportation to or from Hay River
- The Mackenzie Recreation Association has funding available for transportation, accommodation, and registration costs to recreation leaders from communities in the South Slave, Dehcho and North Slave (excluding Yellowknife). To apply, visit mranwt.ca/funding.
- There is funding available for transportation, accommodation, and registration costs to recreation leaders from communities in the Inuvik and Sahtu regions. If you are traveling from the Inuvik Region and want to apply, email Josh_Mcdonald@gov.nt.ca or Donald_Kuptana@gov.nt.ca. If you are traveling from the Sahtu region and want to apply, email Andrea_Williams@gov.nt.ca.
- The SideDoor has funding available to help with transportation, accommodation, and registration costs for youth centre workers. To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elders or Community Health Representatives who wish to receive an Elders in Motion grant for transportation, accommodation, and registration costs can contact us at email@example.com or 867-669-8381. Funds are limited.
FLY WITH FIRST AIR AND SAVE
As the official airline of the 2019 NWTRPA and Youth Centres Conference, First Air is providing discounted fares to conference delegates.* First Air has scheduled direct flights to Yellowknife from Inuvik, Fort Simpson, Hay River, and Edmonton. They fly direct from Yellowknife to Hay River.
To book, visit www.firstair.ca and enter YCC19 into the promo code box or phone 1 (800) 267-1247 and quote promo code YCC19 to the agent.
*Discount of 75% off system wide to Hay River booked in “L” class “OR” lowest available fare at the time of purchase minus 5%. $75 for changes plus fare difference if applicable. 1 complimentary bag up to 50 lbs. Tickets are non refundable once purchased. Eligible travel dates for the conference are between October 4, 2019 and October 14, 2019.
ACCOMMODATION DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE:
- Ptarmigan Inn Hotel:
Rooms available: 22 Double and 8 Single
Rate: $165 Double $160 Single
To book, call 1 (800) 661-0842 and tell them you are with the NWTRPA Conference.
- North Country Inn Motel:
Rooms available: 8 Double, 4 Single, and 4 Kitchenettes
Rate: $167 Double $167 Single $177 Kitchenette
To book, call (867) 874-6706 and use code 35161 or NWTRPA.
- Hay River Suites:
Rooms available: 13 Suites
To book, call (867) 874-2332.
- Greenway Accommodations:
Rooms available: Studio Suite, One-Bedroom Apartment, Two-Bedroom Apartment
Rate: $159 Studio Suite $199 One-Bedroom Apartment $249 Two-Bedroom Apartment
To book, call (867) 874-2233.
- 2 Seasons Adventures
Rooms available: Yurts
To book, call (867) 875-7112.
NWT Recreation and Parks Association and Youth Centre Conference, October 28-10, 2019 has been approved for AFLCA Continuing Education Credits (CEC) towards re-certification. Leaders must accumulate 12 credits to recertify.
1.25 AFLCA Credits per session listed below
CEC 21929A Elders in Motion: Movement for the Mind
CEC 21929B Dealing with Challenging Situations the Land
CEC 21929C Elders in Motion: Cultivating Caring Communities
CEC 21929D Youth Programming – Why knowledge of Mental health and Addictions is paramount
CEC 21929E Setting Up Youth for Success on the Land
CEC 21929F Elders in Motion: Treat your Feet
CEC 21929G Leadership: Purposeful Program Planning
CEC 21929H Nothing 4 Youth Without Youth
CEC 21929I Building Community Through On the Land Programs
CEC 21929J Our Families, Our Way: The Peacemaking Circle (1.5 Credits)
All programs, workshops or courses require 100% payment at the time of registration.
If you need to cancel your registration, the NWTRPA must be notified of the cancellation by email. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date and time we receive email notification as follows:
Within 7 days of event date – 85% refund
Within 3 days of event date – 50% refund
Within 24 hours of event date – No refund
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association reserves the right to cancel any program or workshop. If such a situation arises you will be notified as soon as possible (by email or phone call). As a result of such a cancellation, you will be refunded all monies paid.