Use the page below to help you register, apply for funding and book your travel and accommodation.
We are using a new registration system this year called the NWTRPA Membership Portal which allows online payment. To register for the Conference you must follow the links the Membership Portal, sign up as an NWTRPA member and then register for the Conference. Click here for more detailed instructions on how to register.
Registration Cost: The cost of the Conference is $275 or $50 per session, plus $25 for membership.
Conference Registration Includes:
- Access to all NWTRPA sessions, activities, and events
- Lunch and refreshments during the Conference
- Awards banquet dinner
Conference Registration DOES NOT Include:
- Accommodation during your stay in Inuvik
- Transportation to or from Inuvik
- The Mackenzie Recreation Association has funding available for transportation, accommodation, and registration costs to those from communities in the South Slave, Dehcho and North Slave (excluding Yellowknife). To apply, visit mranwt.ca/funding.
- There is funding available for transportation, accommodation, and registration costs to those from communities in the Beaufort-Delta and Sahtu. To apply, email Donald_Kuptana@gov.nt.ca or Bobby_Bourque@gov.nt.ca.
- The SideDoor has funding available for youth centre workers to help with transportation, accommodation, and registration costs. To apply, contact email@example.com.
FLY WITH FIRST AIR AND SAVE
As the official airline of the NWTRPA & Youth Centres Conference, First Air is providing a discount on the lowest available fare at time of booking. All rules and restrictions of fare type chosen will apply. To book, visit www.firstair.ca and enter NWT91 into the promo code box or phone 1 (800) 267-1247 and quote promo code NWT91 to the agent. First Air has scheduled direct flights from Yellowknife to Inuvik.
Other Airline Options:
- North-Wright Airways ……..….(867-587-2333 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
Flies from: Deline, Tulita, Norman Wells, Fort Good Hope, Colville Lake, and Aklavik
- Aklak Air …………..………………..………….(867) 777-3777 | email@example.com)
Flies from: Paulatuk, Tuktoyaktuk, Sachs Harbour, Ulukhaktok
BOOK WITH THESE HOTELS AND SAVE
Book at the following hotels and receive a conference discount:
Rooms available: 30
To book: Call (867) 678-6300 and mention that you are attending the 2017 NWTRPA & Youth Centres Conference.
Rooms available: 30
To book: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are attending the 2017 NWTRPA Conference.
Other Accommodation Options:
- MacKenzie Hotel ………………………….(867-777-2861 | email@example.com)
- Andre’s Place Bed and Breakfast …….……….(867-777-3177 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Arctic Chalet ……………………………………………..(867-777-3535 | email@example.com)
AFLCA Certified Fitness Leaders are eligible to receive continuing education credits for attending the NWTRPA and Youth Centre Conference. 1.0 AFLCA credit will be provided for one hour of workshop time. After the conference, a letter will be emailed to certified leaders indicating the session they attended which can then be submitted to the AFLCA.
All programs, workshops or courses require 100% payment at the time of registration.
If you need to cancel your registration, the NWTRPA must be notified of the cancellation by email. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date and time we receive email notification as follows:
Within 7 days of event date – 85% refund
Within 3 days of event date – 50% refund
Within 24 hours of event date – No refund
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association reserves the right to cancel any program or workshop. If such a situation arises you will be notified as soon as possible (by email or phone call). As a result of such a cancellation, you will be refunded all monies paid.