Seasonal Aquatic Supervisor Recruitment Now Open!
With the start of the New Year, many students and adventure-seekers are beginning to think about their summer plans. The NWTRPA is happy to announce that the Seasonal Aquatic Supervisor Recruitment for the summer of 2017 is officially open! Want to know more? Read on:
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I REQUIRE TO APPLY?
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor/Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor
- National Lifeguard or Shallow Water National Lifeguard/Bronze Cross (depending on pool class)
- First Aid and CPR-C
- 18 years of age
- Recreation programming experience
- Pool maintenance and manual chemical application experience
- Experience with seasonal pool start-up, end of season shutdown and general maintenance (Pool Operations Level 1 an Asset)
WHEN WOULD I BE WORKING?
Depending on the location of the community (southern or northern NWT) and their needs, most communities strive to:
- OPEN: Mid June (looking for an Aquatic Supervisor to start somewhere around Mid to Late May)
- CLOSE: Mid to Late August (due to weather changes)
Also, Communities have different needs and demographic groups that factor into their decisions on:
- aquatic programming
It’s a great idea for applicants and communities to discuss these aspects in an interview.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
- apply online here
- send an email of interest to email@example.com containing:
– cover letter
– copies of current certifications/an official transcript (LSS or Red Cross)
*Special Note: Although many communities will help with travel and accommodation, it is up to the applicant and community to work together to negotiate terms of coverage of costs. Salaries are also negotiable.