Apply For a Swim to Survive® Grant – It’s Easy!
The Swim to Survive® Family Grant allows organizations working with families to apply for $850 to organize and host a free Swim to Survive event.
The Swim to Survive® NWT Family Grant allows organizations working with families (i.e. schools, foster groups, churches, youth tournaments, etc) to apply to receive $850 to organize and host a free Swim to Survive® family event at one of the Regional Aquatic Training Centres (RATC’s).
Funds are limited! Applications will be approved on a first come – first serve basis.
The application deadline is March 1, 2017 .
Creating your own unique Swim to Survive® family event is easy. First, make sure that the basic requirements are met. Your event must:
- Be held at one of the Regional Aquatic Training Centres (RATC’s)
- Happen between December 9, 2016 and March 28, 2017
- Include Swim to Survive instruction (See important note below)
- Be free for participants
- Focus on families
Next, begin thinking up ways to make your event special. You will decide on:
- Length of the event (ex. all day or only a few hours)
- If you want other activities to go along with the Swim to Survive instruction (ex. crafts, indoor picnic lunch, etc.)
Important: Working with the Pool Supervisor at your Regional Aquatic Training Centre is key to determining the date, time, budget of event and swim to survive instruction plan (this must be done before applying).
Take these easy steps to receive Swim to Survive® funding:
- Figure out the details of your event (who, what, when, where etc.)
- Figure out which Regional Aquatic Training Centre you’ll have the event at. You can find a contact information for all of the Centres here.
- Contact a Regional Aquatic Training Centre to get the go ahead on your plans. You’ll need to discuss the details of event, the date and time, as well as instructor capacity and costs;
- Once you’ve done that then you can apply online here.
- Once the event is done submit final report here. This must be completed by March 28, 2017
Each grant will be awarded in two parts.
- $425 upon approval of your application (along with an approval email that is forwarded to the RATC)
- $425 after submission of your final report for the event (due March 28, 2017).
- Swim to survive® instructor fees
- pool rental
- snacks or meals
Note: If your event will have other expenses, contact the NWTRPA Aquatic Coordinator at 403-406-9475 before submitting your application.
- Application period is November 10 – March 1, 2017
- All activities must take place before March 28, 2017
- All final reports are due March 28, 2017
Event promotion Tips